Hang on a minute lads...

More swansongs than Frank Sinatra. Yes I know, just don't rub it in. My brief encounter with the high profile blogger has not been a success and that is all I have to say on that.

I am back.

What is going to happen next is this. Soon, perhaps in the next six months, WW will migrate to a better media platform. Blogger's limitations have been revealed to me and the potential to do better has been pointed out by my very erstwhile blog partner.

Everything I said on the last post holds true, except for the fact that I am going to largely carry on alone. The exception will be that one or two people will be co-opted as a council of reference, for want of a better phrase. These will be people I trust and admire. You cannot go it alone, it just does not work, but I have proved to myself in recent days that I can dig deeper and better. It is just that I was wasting my time elsewhere. I have spent five hours today going to interview someone who has been at the top of his profession for 25 years and you will know what he did even if you don't know his name. Sooner or later the interview will pop up. I already have several stories lined up that will, if not astonish you, will make you nod gently in appreciation. As I write, I am starting conversations with former members of Jethro Tull and Fleetwood Mac. We are talking quality here not a fruitless pursuit of blog rankings.

So, on with the motley. In the meantime...

17 comments:

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Thank Strapworld. This has been an odd time for me, but I think I have made the right deciesion.

King Athelstan said...

I'm really rather glad about that.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Thankyou Athelstan. Coming from you that means something as you have been around for a long time.

Richard said...

I'm glad the Weasel 'brand' isn't going to be subsumed. Yay for the small independents! Good luck with it.

Smoking Hot said...

Your coming back is in line with members of Mac and Tull :)

lt's easier to speculate on former members of Mac but Tull? ... so so many.

Glad you're back.

Sad about Gary Moore ... and worrying too, l'm almost the same age.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Thank you Richard. WW never went away, to paraphrase Gerry Adams.

Smoking, wait and see dear boy. When my rock star gets back to LA the world of WW will become Old Rocker Central!

Jim Baxter said...

Perhaps I'll just start using the wheelchair option for the wv's.

The weasel is dead. Long live the weasel.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Jim lad. resurgam.

Jim Baxter said...

That's the stuff. Back to blowing the bloody doors off. At the very least.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Oral sex with US West Coast Rock Icons was not part of my original remit, but, hey, I'll do anything for traffic.

Jim Baxter said...

You like Traffic that much then?

Richard said...

You leave my mulberry bush out of this.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

John Barleycorn is dead. And goodnight.

Rebel Saint said...

You're back!

Intriguing.

Still, I think I prefer it this way. Maybe one day we'll hear the full story.

If you're doing U-turns at the moment, any chance we can revert to the old font & background as well?!

Wrinkled Weasel said...

RS, nothing is set in tablets of stone. Let me give it some thought.

Yes I am back.

Brian said...

Good to see you're back. You'll be better than ever.

Wrinkled Weasel said...

Thank you Brian.